Mykonos International Airport (JMK) is located on the southwestern side of the island, around 3 km away from Mykonos Town and the port.
It is one of the busiest airport in the Cyclades, as it receives numerous domestic and international flights on a daily basis, especially during the high season.
The airport of Mykonos started operating in 1971 and it was recently renovated. Its design combines the Cycladic style with modern architecture.
Flights & Helicopters
Both charter and commercial direct or indirect flights connect Mykonos to other destinations in Greece, as well as several metropolitan locations in Europe. Olympic Air, Aegean Airlines and Sky Express are the national companies for domestic flights, connecting Mykonos to the cities of Athens and Thessaloniki. Discover the domestic and international airlines that fly to Mykonos, including companies that offer low-cost options. Keep in mind that international flight connections are only seasonal.
In addition to the scheduled airline flights, it also receives private jets, helicopters, smaller aircrafts and other charter flights from Greece and other countries.
Departing at Mykonos Airport, it is also possible to fly to other Cycladic islands with one one stop in Athens.
Tips: Keep in mind that the airport can get quite crowded during the summer season and there may be increased traffic in the area.
Arrange your program accordingly and make sure to be there at least one hour in advance.
Note: There are no direct flights from the USA, Canada or Australia.
How to get to & leave from the airport
Chora (Town): 3.3 km / 2 miles | Paradise: 4 km / 2.4 miles | Platis Gialos: 3 km / 1.8 miles | Psarou: 3.2 km / 1.9 miles | Agios Ioannis: 5.2 km / 3.2 miles
The cheapest way to leave from the airport is by public bus. The station is situated outside the terminal building and you can buy your tickets directly from the driver.
For more information on bus routes and timetables, visit the official Mykonos KTEL bus website (www.mykonosbus.com) or dial the following number: (+30) 2289 026797.
Below, you will find how to get to the island’s most popular locations by bus from the airport.
- Town (Chora): The bus route Airport > New Port takes visitors to Fabrika central station (second stop). Fabrika is located in Mykonos Town.
- Platis Gialos: Bus route Airport > New Port. Stop at Fabrika (second stop) and then change buses: route Mykonos town (Fabrika) > Platis Gialos.
- Kalo Livadi: Bus route Airport > New Port. Stop at Old Port (terminal) and then change buses: route Mykonos town (Old Port) > Kalo Livadi.
- Elia: Bus route Airport > New Port. Stop at Fabrika (second stop) and then change buses: route Mykonos town (Fabrika) > Elia.
- Paradise: Bus route Airport > New Port. Stop at Fabrika (second stop) and then change buses: route Mykonos town (Fabrika) > Paradise.
- Psarou: Bus route Airport > New Port. Stop at Fabrika (second stop) and then change buses: route Mykonos town (Fabrika) > Platis Gialos. From Platis Gialos, Psarou is a 10-minute walk away.
- Agia Anna: Bus route Airport > New Port. Stop at the Old Port (terminal) and then change buses: route Mykonos town (Old Port) > Kalafatis. From Kalafatis, Agia Anna is a 7-minute walk away.
- Agios Ioannis: Bus route Airport > New Port. Stop at Fabrika (second stop) and then change buses: route Mykonos town (Fabrika) > Agios Ioannis.
- Ornos: Bus route Airport > New Port. Stop at Fabrika (second stop) and then change buses: route Mykonos town (Fabrika) > Agios Ioannis. From Agios Ioannis, Ornos is a 20-minute walk away.
Tip: If you decide to use public transfers, the bus doesn’t always make a stop everywhere unless you tell the driver to stop.
So, if you don’t know where your bus stop is, inform the driver where you’re heading to, so he can make a stop at your destination.
Transfers & Taxis
A taxi stand can be found at the airport and taxis are available 24 hours a day but to play it safe, it is highly recommended to book a transfer service in advance and get your taxi, minibus or private VIP car.
Alternatively, you can arrange a pickup directly with local drivers at the following numbers: (+30) 694 559 7854, (+30) 22890 22400.
If you have just arrived at the airport and would like to rent a car, you will find a few car rental desks on site, at the Arrivals.
Alternatively, it is possible to arrange a car rental in advance. This is one of the best options, as you will have the opportunity to find exactly what you want and keep your vehicle for as many days as you want.
The airport’s car parking area functions as a pick up station for car rentals.
Last but not least, several accommodation facilities offer airport shuttle services, usually for extra charge but in certain cases for free. Contact directly with your hotel for more information.
ATM machines, a currency exchange office and free WiFi are available at Mykonos airport, while you will also find charging stations for your electronics. Luggage carts can be provided and dining or coffee facilities can be found at both the arrivals and the departures.
In addition, the airport’s duty free shops at the departures offer a wide variety of products to treat yourself or get as gifts for your loved ones.
There is a free car parking area near the terminal but its capacity is limited.
Several shops and a few cafes and snack-bars are located close to the airport. The area is full of accommodation facilities as well. If you would like to find a hotel near the airport, check our hotel recommendations.
Near the airport
Numerous places of interest are located near the airport, including the landmarks of Mykonos Town (3 km) and the beaches of Paradise (4 km), Platis Gialos (3 km), Psarrou (3 km) and Agios Ioannis (5 km).